Monday, May 31, 2010

A ring to commemorate...

In honor of a respected and revered career in the Coast Guard, I was commissioned to create this amazing coxswain ring. This ring is solid white gold and represents a mastery in boat handling and significant rank. The idea was to make the ring reminicent of a class ring in style, but more slim, sleek and wearable. I was so pleased with how this project turned out. It somehow feels old-school and current. I love the natural element with the waves and the nautical oars tied together with clean, modern lines. I must admit I worked on it for a LONG TIME, but managed to finish it just in time for Master Chief Jeffrey Smith's retirement. I can only hope that every time he glances at his hand, the ring properly recalls a career well worth noting.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is amazing! The detail is brilliant!

MCPOCGRF said...

Sarah, you have truly captured the essense of what this ring means to me. It is extra sepcial that knowing it was created by someone who loves the sea as much as I do. Thanks so much.

Ryan Birchall Photography said...

Very cool Sarah, can't wait to see your stuff at the Trunk show!

Mary Smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Sarah Swell All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger